How to take readings from an electronic electrical power meter?
Electronic electrical power meter are equipped with electronic display instead of mechanical disks and figures. In addition to consumed kilowatt it can display other data, for example, device operation time, date, etc. Readings change several times per minute. If the meter is multi-tariff, it alternately displays data for each tariff. You should wait for displaying required data for correct reading. The photo presents an example. All other meters have the similar procedure for taking readings.
If you have no meter data sheet, use the following instruction:
The following data are sequentially displayed every 5 seconds:
- Current date (year, month, date);
- Current time (hour, minute, second);
- Identification number (your meter has its own number, indicated on the front side of the meter and in the data sheet);
- Transfer number (your meter has its own number, indicated on the front side of the meter and in the data sheet):
- meters "ORMAN" СО-Э711 ТХ Р PLC IP П RS – 1600
- meters "DALA" СА4-Э720 ТХ Р PLC IP П RS – 800
- After transfer number the total consumption of the meter is displayed, that is needed for filling in a billing invoice.
- Total active power, in kilowatt-hours (example is provided), is the total reading of power consumed. These figures are used for calculation. If the meter is multi-tariff, it alternately displays data for each tariff: Т1, Т2.
TOTAL is placed in the top left corner of the display, kWh is placed in the bottom left corner.
Total consumption amounts to 82.52 kWh (as presented in this photo).
* in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On introduction of amendments into some regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan on power industry issues" No.89-VI dated July 11, 2017, Order of acting Minister of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On introduction of amendments into some orders of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Regulation of Natural Monopolies" No.455 dated December 29, 2017 and the letter of Almaty Department of the Committee on Regulation of Natural Monopolies and Protection of Competition under the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 07-25/459 dated 13.02.2018 - differentiation of tariffs for electrical power by day parts is canceled for all categories of consumers (individuals and legal entities).